Assistant DirectorCompany: OAR of Richmond, Inc.
Date Posted: February 4, 2018
This position supports the Executive Director in both staff supervision and achievement of development goals.
● The Assistant Director serves as a Deputy to the Executive Director and
● ensures compliance of all staff with agency policies and procedures as laid out in the Employee Handbook and Standard Operating Procedures.
● develops and manages internal systems to support the Executive Director in the areas of staff supervision, fundraising, marketing, and budgeting.
● works with the Executive Director on fund development, grant writing and community awareness projects.
● cultivates strong relationships with individual donors, corporations and foundations
● develops and implements all individual and corporate fundraising plans
● establishes strategies to approach funders and grantors, preparing and submitting proposals
● administers fundraising records and documentation
● working closely with Community Engagement Coordinator, will plan and execute community fundraisers, research and identify viable fundraising opportunities
● will support a variety of external communication strategies, events, projects, and outreach activities to maintain OAR’s visible and effective community presence.
● will support the implementation of the three-year Strategic Plan that has been approved by the Board of Directors.
● supervises the Community Engagement Coordinator, Reentry Case Managers (Central Office), Mental Health Community Case Manager and VASAVOR staff.
● works with the Reentry Program Manager and Executive Assistant to complete monthly and quarterly reporting to funders and stakeholders.
● serves as ex-officio member of the Board Community Engagement (Development) Committee.
The Assistant Director performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
|BA/BS required with equivalent experience or Master's Degree. Knowledge and 2+ years experience in principles of supervision, outcome measures, research and report writing. Proven experience in developing an annual fund plan and individual giving.|
|Paid annual and sick leave, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 403b Retirement Plan, long term disability.|
How to apply:
|Please send a cover letter and resume as attachments to Sara Dimick, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until February 14, 2018. No phone calls, please.|