Development ManagerCompany: Virginia Hemophilia Association
Date Posted: September 15, 2017
The Virginia Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to serving and the supporting the needs of those impacted by a bleeding disorder through education, advocacy, and community.
The position will focus on increasing revenue through several events, as well as focus on the prospecting, cultivation, and retention of individual and corporate donors and the mobilization and management of the Virginia Hemophilia Foundation’s (VHF) volunteers.
Location: Richmond, VA
Supervisor: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure successful implementation and growth of all VHF fundraisers, general giving campaigns and similar initiatives
- Establish, set, and meet financial goals and objectives for all development activities in partnership with the Executive Director, VHF Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders
- Implement peer-to-peer fundraising best practices to increase growth and participation for all events
- Build relationships with constituency to cultivate and steward, including face-to-face meetings and reoccurring correspondence
- Maintain the donor/member database; including data entry, create mailings and mailing labels, generate reports (including post event income/expense reports), and manage donor contacts, donations, and acknowledgement letters
- Cultivate both individual giving, corporate sponsorships, and foundation partnerships
- Coordinate event details and logistics; including participation registration and management, selection of date, location, time, and event details for all development activities
- Recruit, screen, coordinate, direct, and manage the recruitment of volunteers
- Contribute to newsletters, the development of marketing materials, and social media platforms
- Develop new sources of revenue by submitting grant requests throughout the year
- Assist the Program and Communication Director with VHF programming events as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications/marketing, public administration or related field is preferred. A minimum of two years in the nonprofit and/or business sector with proven experience in fundraising, event management, sales, or marketing is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service and sales skills
- Organized, outgoing, enthusiastic, and friendly
- Experience in setting, meeting, and achieving and/or exceeding goals
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal skills are essential
- Experience planning and implementing nonprofit special events
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and commitment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with social media sites, including email marketing sites (i.e. Constant Contact). Experience with donor database software a plus.
- Experience in the management and mobilization of volunteers
- There will be some weekend and weeknight event commitments. Travel will occur throughout Virginia
- Flexibility required
Please email a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three references to the attention of Kelly Waters, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or hard copy submissions will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance and retirement contributions.
Open until filled.